Sunday, March 29, 2009

Power Outage

Have you ever tried to get ready for work in the dark? I had just finished ironing my clothes and doing my hair when we lost all power.

After giving up finding a flashlight that worked, I found and light a candle and finished getting ready for work. Putting make-up on via candle light at 3:30 in the morning was very interesting. I picked my shoes and got a right and left, however, they were 2 different shoes. Back to the closet I went with candle in tow.

With the technology these days we rely on power A LOT!!!!! Here are a few things that put twist on the day with the power being out:
Garage door
Cordless phones
Street lights/traffic lights
Vending machines (no diet coke or candy bars)
Gas stations can't pump gas
Computers
Microwaves (how do you reheat or cook your lunch)
Curling irons/ clothes irons

Our power originally went out between 3:30-3:45 and was out until 5:30. It was only on for about an hour when it went down again for about 4 hours. Cody responded when the Grantsville Fire department was paged out for down power lines. High winds were the cause. I had a fun day at work with the power being out most of the day they send most everyone home (they couldn't work in the dark). The high winds closed I-80 from the Nevada Line to Salt Lake so none of our truck drivers could make it in or out of our distribution center. At one point in time we had heavy snow with the winds causing white out conditions.

Isn't Spring here yet?

No comments: