Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Emily was down at my house and I had some chocolate chip cookies. She said they tasted good and she wanted to know how I made them. Here is the recipe and a few tips I use when making them.


This is the recipe:
1 C Shortening
1 C Brown Sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 C white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/4 C flour
1/2 to 1 bag of chocolate chips
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.


My changes:
A dash of salt not full teaspoon
Double the vanilla. (I also use pure vanilla from Mexico)
Flour anywhere from 2 to 3 cups depending on the texture of the dough. The cookies never turn out the same.


Helpful hints:
Mix the shortening, sugars, and eggs together until mixture is smooth.
Add the salt, soda, and vanilla and mix well
Then add flour 1/4 to 1/2 cup at a time. I usually stop when I can roll the dough into balls without it sticking to my hands.
Cook until the edge and top of the cookies start to turn golden brown. Take them out and leave them on the pan for 10 minutes.


Hope you enjoy the recipe and have fun baking.

No comments: