These our our little friends that were camping with us Memorial weekend. We had a ton of fun watching them. Their home is under the cement. We put sunflower seeds down to try and get them out of their home.
I have been searching the Internet for a sites that have information on 72 hour, emergency, and first aid kits. The site thereadystore.com has kits already put together for sale. 72hour.org is a site that goes over how to get prepared.
I found the basic items you need in a 72 hour kit:
1 gallon of water per person per day
Food: want to get food that is low in salt, doesn't need refrigeration, and doesn't require cooking. Peanut Butter, Jam, crackers(low salt), cereal, and nuts are some examples. FYI: most canned fruits and veggies last 18 months. Most cereal, crackers, dried milk and dried fruit last 6 months. MRE's are another item you can put in your kit.
Can opener, plates, cups, utensils
A First Aid Kit
Blanket to keep warm
Light Sticks or Flash Light and batteries
It might be fun to put together survival kits for Christmas. The kids could help pick out food and stuff to put in their pack. Just a thought.
1 comment:
I love this idea!!! Thanks for the looking, I will also check out these sites! YAY! I'm so not excited for it to be winter.. grr!
Post a Comment